Chesterfield, located in St. Louis County and 25 miles from St. Louis, is a popular tourist spot in Missouri.
Mainly because it is located close to St. Louis, the second-largest city in Missouri, and a strategically important city for its proximity to Illinois’s neighboring state. Chesterfield also has some considerable historical significance, like the other small towns and cities in Missouri.
It is a site of early Native American settlement and artifacts that can be traced thousands of years back. Chesterfield is considered a Mississippian site that was a part of the ancient Mississippian culture and civilization in the Midwest.
Apart from all the history, Chesterfield is also a getaway for travelers from St. Louis, an exhausting city to tour around. Travelers on an Esta America visa also find it cheap to stay in Chesterfield compared to St. Louis.
Things to do in Chesterfield
- The Butterfly HouseThe most popular and visited tourist destination in Chesterfield, the Butterfly House is also known as Sophia M. Sachs Butterfly House. It is a butterfly zoo accredited by the AZA. The zoo houses an exhibit that nurtures the different species and varieties of butterflies and facilities that educate visitors on the habitats, anatomy, and behavior of butterflies.
- National Museum of TransportationThis museum sprawls across 42 acres and displays historically significant vehicles that have been in America for around 15 decades, starting from the late 1800s. The evolution and significance of vehicles like cars, boats, steam engines, small aircraft, and other modes of transportations are preserved in the museum.
- Castlewood State ParkA giant park in Chesterfield, Missouri, that straddles across the Meramec River, occupying 1,820 acres, the Castlewood Park is a wonder in itself. It paves the way for long walking and hiking trails that give delightful views of the river. Considered a recreational park, it is popular among birdwatchers because exotic birds like the Bald Eagle and Kingfishers can be spotted here.
Restaurants to eat near Chesterfield Mall
India Palace: If you are fond of Indian food or feel like having a big Indian food feast, then head over to India Palace located at 12322 Dorsett Rd, on the 11th floor overlooking the airports. Some popular dishes to try here are Butter Chicken with Naan, Authentic Dal Makhni, and Gulab Jamun for desserts. You can also treat yourself to a royal buffet during the lunch hour.
The Cheesecake Factory: Located at 2028 Chesterfield Center, this outlet is well known for serving the signature cheesecake. Apart from that, it would help if you also tried the seafood and pasta options available on the menu with a tasty drink accompanying it. The interior design of the outlet is very appealing and brings on a welcoming vibe.
YaYas Euro Bistro: Chesterfield is a center of a variety of foods and authentic cuisines. If you feel like having some classic Mediterranean food with a hint of European food at the side, then this is your ideal place. Some recommended dishes are the Lasagna, special Mediterranean Salad, and classic imported French wine to accompany it.
Chesterfield Missouri Hotels
- DoubleTree by Hilton HotelLocated at 16625 Swingley Ridge Road is a 3-star hotel by Hilton Hotels. It features a fitness facility, tennis court, and swimming pool. The hotels’ rooms are spacious and highly maintained premium rooms, the per day rate varying between $75-$130.
- Comfort Inn & SuitesLocated at 18375 Chesterfield Arpt. Road, a simple style Inn cum restaurant, the rooms at this outlet are suitable for budget stays. The hotel also maintains an ordinary swimming pool and serves a complimentary breakfast. The per-day rate varies between $50-$100.
- Hyatt PlaceThe Hyatt Place, another 3-star hotel in Chesterfield, is located at 333 Chesterfield Center, one of this area’s excellent hotels. The rooms are very maintained for a comfortable stay. The hotel boasts a swimming pool, restaurant cum bar, and a spacious hall to conduct events or meetings. The per-day rate is ranging between $80-$130.
A huge mall right at the Greater St. Louis and Chesterfield town area center, the Chesterfield Mall boasts of the much-loved American store Macy’s.
Apart from that, it also holds multiple restaurants for fine dining and a multiplex theater. The mall is the largest in the St. Louis metropolitan area.
If you are tired of touring around in the city and neighboring areas and feel like treating yourself, the mall is always the right place.
Check your Esta visa status because Chesterfield is a town that you do not want to miss. A strategic and ideal location from St. Louis.
The town offers budget stays and some of the most popular tourist spots to explore, like The Butterfly House, National Museum of Transportation, and the Katy Trail.